понедельник, 30 мая 2011 г.

Welcome to school 16






Why did you decide to become a teacher?

This is a question often asked. To tell the truth I don’t remember exactly why? At the age of 17, when I had  to  choose my   future career , I could either choose a career of an English language teacher because I adored  my own English teacher who was young, dressed fashionably  and  she knew her subject well. Or because my granddad was a headmaster and there at home I heard a lot about inner world of school life. At the same time I remember that being high school students few friends of mine and I were pioneer leaders and involved junior students in after school activities. May be all these factors combined directed me straight to the Teachers’ Training Institute? I don’t remember.
  But there comes another question: “Why didn’t I change my job taking into consideration poor conditions of teachers in Russia?” Every time when  there appeared good offers  to change the job the first thought always was “Yes, I shall apply for a new job.” But on the second thought I could hardly imagine myself doing this or that monotonous work. One can’t help denying that teacher’s job is difficult and at the same time it is  creative, unpredictable and public. A teacher can be compared to an orchestra conductor who gives instructions and lets pupils perform. Also, a good teacher implies many roles.  A teacher assumes many roles even during one lesson. A good teacher is a mentor, a motivator and a counselor, a spark that ignites students and inspires their hearts and minds  to the subject and sometimes to the other aspects of life. I teach students aged from 7 to 17, and always modify my methods to match the students’ needs. I know for sure that if you are motivated and love your subject students accept you and your creative ideas. They have motivation and go happily to school for your classes.
 On the contrary if you are not motivated, your apathy is transmitted to your students.
   A teacher can’t work at school without love for children. Love means that a teacher and his/her students understand each other without words.
I am a Teacher, and I am proud of it.
I am an English Teacher and it also makes me proud.
   I can make my small classroom a part of global community and the global community a part of my classroom. My students are proud that I am their Teacher.


This lovely song tells a lot how it is to be a teacher.
And are you proud of being a teacher?































Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий